Sunday, September 2, 2012

I Kept Running

We are now at 10 months old, and I figured since I am starting part-time this week, (and the fact that it has been TEN months) I would dust off the old running shoes and hit the pavement.  It is funny, during my maternity leave I was jogging some and was attending yoga more regularly.  But since I went back to work, that has slacked off, since I prefer to spend my spare hours with my little guy.  I mean, look at him.  Who could resist.



But it is time to focus a little on me, maybe just 20 minutes a day, and I think I can make daddy spend some spare time with the little guy and I can get back in shape, maybe even hit the gym that I have not frequented since I was 8 1/2 months pregnant.


I often wonder how hard can it be.  I completed a half marathon 3 months before I was pregnant.  I ran until I was 33 weeks pregnant.  I think I can manage it 10 months post pregnancy.  So, with my jogging stroller in one hand and pumping against the wind with the other, I hope to get what every new mom deserves, a few minutes to breathe in the fresh air and gather my thoughts, and to feel good about myself all the while.


Even the thought of running wears this guy out!

No comments:

Post a Comment