Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Playroom Decorating Part II

The playroom is finally coming along.  We are just missing a few pieces and it will be complete.  In the meantime, we have been using it non-stop, and the little man is loving it.

We were looking for a nice shelving unit that would fit along the long empty wall, and everything we seemed to like cost a fortune, and I was trying to be as cost effective as I could with this project.  After researching some websites, I decided on the Ikea Expedit bookshelves.  So I sent my husband down to Ikea to make the purchase and put them together.



I really liked the green baskets that Jen used in her blog so I decided on using the same Room Essentials Yweave Baskets from Target. The rug was from Urban Outfitters and I love the look, however, since I was trying to stay on budget, I went for a cheaper rug, and now, I wish I would have splurged for a nicer one.  I have a feeling we will get a year out of this one and then will be looking for a replacement.


I found inspiration from Pinterest on putting together an ABC wall.  There are some Etsy shops that you can purchase all of the letters already painted, but I went to my local craft store, picked up the letters and a few cans of spray paint, and saved myself $80 on my DIY project.  The little guy loves the wall, and every time we sing the ABC song, he looks up there and waves his hands.  It is pretty stinkin' cute!


The last few pictures are of our reading area.  I found the bookshelf from Land of Nod and the pillows I had recovered in fabric that I found at a local fabric store.  They are Dwell Studio pieces and can be found on my Pinterest board.



It is still a work in progress, but we are almost done--and most importantly the little guy loves his new play area and mom and dad love the clean space downstairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment